Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thumb Area Transit is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
|0-3 MI||$ 2.00||$ 1.00|
|3-10 MI||$ 2.50||$ 1.25|
|10-15 MI||$ 3.50||$ 1.75|
|15-20 MI||$ 4.50||$ 2.25|
|20-25 MI||$ 5.00||$ 2.50|
|25+ MI||$ 5.50||$ 2.75|
|*1/2 rate available for: seniors (60+), youth (18 and under), disabled/handicapped|
Please have exact change when boarding the bus. Drivers don’t carry change.
*Passengers seeking to pay less than the Basic Adult Fare may be required to substantiate their reasons for requesting a reduced or special fare please see the reduced fare application for more information.
No Show Policy:
- HTC/TAT drivers will wait three (3) minutes at the passenger origin, periodically sounding the horn, or in other ways signaling vehicle arrival. Note: Buses that are running behind schedule may not wait a full three (3) minutes, as it is expected that passengers will already be at the pick-up point.
- If, after three (3) minutes, no passenger appears, the ride request will be deemed a “NO SHOW”, and the vehicle will proceed with its route.
- “NO SHOW” passengers will receive no further service, unless and until the “NO SHOW” passenger (or the third-party provider) pays the cash fare for a previous “NO SHOW” the next time service is requested and received.
Please view our Ridership Policies for more information.
What we offer:
- Door to door public transportation for Huron County
- Our buses are equipped with a lift to make them wheelchair/ mobility device friendly
- Equipped with five point harnesses for children. Car seat compatible.
- Seat belts for safety while riding our buses. Seat belt usage on our buses is mandatory for your safety.
The safety of our riders is our number one concern; along with all pedestrians and drivers that we share the roads with.
Click the link above for general information about Thumb Area Transit’s service and information for first time riders on what to expect when scheduling a ride from TAT’s Director.
NEW: Want to receive a reminder of a scheduled ride? Ask dispatch and we can sign you up!
Day Before Notification Reminders: Opt in to automatically receive a phone call or an e-mail the day before your scheduled rides. Once you receive the notification you have the ability to accept or cancel the ride.
To sign up for notifications call or e-mail dispatch at 989-269-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Soon: Currently being tested
Estimated Time of Arrival: Opt in to automatically receive a phone call or an e-mail before your bus arrives at your pick up location. Saving you from calling to see where your bus is at.
This service is currently in testing mode. Riders may receive a phone call letting them know their bus is approximately 15 minutes before it arrives at their pick up location.
NEW: Web Portal
An online reservation system that allows you to book ride requests online, update customer information, and cancel or modify rides booked online. Visit our Web Portal page to learn more.
Questions? call dispatch at 989-269-2121 or 800-322-1125
email us at email@example.com